Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ready, set, BLOW.......

It's been a slow week for us in regards to faith formation... and I've actually had a chance to get away from preparing for sessions and get to Turlock to begin my Christmas shopping. Yeah I know it's early but you see we plan on cutting waaaaaaay back on what we give out this year since the economy hasn't been kind to us lately. So I called JCPenney's to see what their sales were like because online they were showing the upcoming weekend sale... and well they were starting it early Yeah!!!
So I met my daughter and her friend Eric out there for lunch since she was on a break between classes and I headed over to Walmart first just to see what was going on over there.... not much but I did pick up a few games so that when we pull from the Toy's for Tot's tree this year I already have something on hand.
After that I headed to JCP and let me just say they were having a Fabulous sale!!! I'm almost finished shopping for my son, he's so thin and tall that it's hard to find clothes that fit him right and I have to order some things online for him because he likes the jeans from C28.com --- Have you been there??? LOVE the messages that the clothes have and I don't mind being a walking billboard for Jesus!!!
It's always a catechetical moment (teaching moment) when you are living your life for HIM!!
Oh back to my day... so I got some great deals at JCP and needed to find all the candles I need for the MANY different Advent Wreaths that we use both here at home and at the Catechetical Center in the classrooms. What is wrong with the color pink??? Why is it that the candle companies refuse (so it seems) to make them??? I finally found a few at Ross and then headed to Pier 1 and found a couple there too!!! Geez... I think I should just start making my own!

You know if we Catholics stopped purchasing candles the candle industry would probably collapse!!! LOL.... We love our Sacramentals---- after all Christ is the Light of the World!!!!
So with that in mind I bring you today's freebie!!!
I don't imagine my family would take the time to put on all the candles on my cake this year--- plus they know I'm more of a pie person LOL... but if they did it would have more than this one below!



I've tried to put a bunch of candles on my hubbies cake but it's kinda hard to get them all lit before the others burn out!!! But it's well worth the effort!!! LOL
So for all those great pictures you have of people blowing out their candles I give you this freebie!!!
I hope that you all enjoy it and as always click the preview to get to my 4share to download and send your friends to get their own please.
I pray you are able to find the "right candles" to make a someone's face shine brightly!!




May you be blessed with many beautiful lights of Christ today!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 19 Nov [LA 04:32pm, NY 07:32pm] - 20 Nov [UK 12:32am, OZ 11:32am] ).

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Nov. 20, 2009. Thanks again.