Thursday, July 9, 2009

This Much Freebie!!

Oh boy... the last few day's of vacation just flew by!!!! We got home by 3:00 and the animals acted like we had been gone for 20 years!!! I love going on vacations but I really do love being home too!!!!

The weather was really good while we were in Monterey, we got there on Monday. After we settled in we headed over to the skatepark so that the boy's could burn off some energy. While they were skating Lance, Katrina and I headed around to the Dennis the Menace Park and had some fun acting goofy, yeah she's a little too big for the swings and such but I really wanted to see what it looked like because it was next to the skate park and we had never been there. We also managed to find a bench where we could see the boys skating and took pictures from there. After spending time at the parks we went over to Cannery Row, of course we did a bunch of window shopping, spent time sitting on the rocks by the water while the boy's jumped around and messed in the water. We ate dinner at Bubba Gumps (love that place) and then just walked around killing time while waiting for the 8:00 showing of Star Trek at the IMAX Theatre!! Oh it's a good movie if you're an old school Star Trek fan!!! I do believe it's one we will buy when it comes out. The IMAX theatre was really nice and the sound system was FABULOUS!!! The only complaint would be that they started the movie like 15 minutes late??? Who does that??? Once the movie was over we called it a night
and that was the end of Day one of our Vacation.


Day two we decided to head to Santa Cruz on Tuesday, once there we set up base camp on the beach, ate lunch (made sandwiches at the hotel to save some money), got the kids their ride bracelets (purchase them online and save $7.00 each geez I sound like a tightwad! LOL!!!). Gabriel and Justin (Justin is Gabriels best friend came with us) headed onto the boardwalk to ride the rides. Katrina, Lance and I managed to keep from getting completely sunburned (some of our body parts didn't have enough sunscreen and got burned (Or should I say Lance and Trina got burned in spots, weird! spots!), then the boys came back and picked up Katrina so she had someone to ride with. Lance and I sat on the beach until 5:00, needless to say I had to feed the birds (taking care of God's creation) yeah eventually we had about 20 birds surrounding us lol.... We had a reasonably cheap dinner, spent time walking in all the shops. Finally the boy's caught up with us and the kids played a round of miniture golf, by this point we were exhausted and had to drive an hour to get back to the hotel. End of Day 2 of our Vacation

Day 3, the next morning (wed) we went to Point Lobo's, it's such a beautiful place to go!!! BUT TEENAGE BOY'S KNOW HOW TO FREAK ME OUT!!!! Oh my goodness the climbing and jumping and the fearlessness next to the edges of cliffs and the sea.... okay so they tested my limits of "allowing them fun"! I had made sandwiches for lunch (saving money again), after lunch we headed over to a hidden little cove for about an hour where the boys decided to have a rock skipping contest and Trina felt inclind to see that all the seaweed be broken up and thrown back into the water. I was able to put my feet in the water during that hour (a very very chilly event for me) and Lance just sat there looking at all of us like we were sideshow freaks lol, we headed back to the hotel around 4:00 and spent the rest of the evening hanging around and being lazy (something I really wanted to do!!!)

Today we finally got everyone and everything loaded into the car by 11:45 and decided to go to the Gilroy Outlet Stores, we mostly walked in and out of the stores although I was willing to buy some new shoes for Gabriel, he said "I don't want any" Whoot Whoot!!! Okay so it was nice on the pocketbook but his shoes are looking like he's had them for over 3 years they are so bad!!! He keeps blaming them on skating but he's always been hard on shoes! So he didn't get anything but I managed to find some cami's for $5.00 and got 4 new ones (I like to wear them to bed, they are comfy!) Yeah I'm so beyond looking cute when I go to bed, it's all about the comfort!!! LOL...

So heading home we managed to hit a construction zone that meant we would be driving only 3 miles an hour, which meant we would be getting home 1/2 hour later than we thought!!!! Let me just say that I thought bringing a friend for my boy would be beneficial to everyone but by day 2 you would have thought that they were really and truly siblings with all the arguing and "snitching" going on... geez you'd think I raised animals! lol...

You gotta love family even when they act like a bunch of lunatics!!!!
And I LOVE my Lunatics!!!!! So darn much!!! That's why I made the freebies I made tonight.



But all in all we had a wonderful time and I wouldn't give it up for a moment. I'm sure you all have had some similiar experiences like my own.... so in an effort to celebrate being with family I made some extra freebies. I hope that one of the "xtra's" that I give you with the "main freebie" is a saying that you use in your own home. If there is something different maybe you can let me know.

As always please send other's here to pick up their own and leave some love, I absolutely feel blessed by your words!!!
I pray your day is truly blessed!!!



Here's my gifts to you....
(click each preview to download)


















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Font(s), Word Art(s) post on Jul. 10, 2009. Thanks again.