Monday, January 12, 2009

What's in my Purse???


Hi I'm glad you made it to my blog! Thanks for taking the time to read through my ramblings!
 
So you wanna know what's in my purse huh?
 


I've been reading a book this last week and after each chapter there is a series of questions and reflections for someone to do....
 

So I thought why not do it with anyone who stops here too! It should be interesting if you really take the time to do it!!!! I did this last night with the parents that showed up to our parent meeting and they really got into it, the men even went so far as to pull out their wallets!!! The reflection question I chose was:
"If someone found my wallet or purse, would they know that I am a Christian by what is inside of it??"
 




So here's what is in my purse:




 
I received this blessing oil at a Directors of Religious Education meeting from our Sister who is in charge over us... it smells really good... I can only imagine our Blessed Mother smelling this as she was changing Jesus..... I wonder if this is what the oils smelled like when the "sinning woman" anointed Jesus' feet...

mmmmm..... smells really GOOD!
 


 


 NEXT ITEM:
 

Of course just reading all the daily tasks would indicate that I am a Christian but so would the fact that there is a scripture quote on each page and the front of it has really cute pictures of animals and in the center it says
"The Lord rejoices in all He has made!" Psalm 104:31
 


 


Then there is:
 



 
Okay so this probably won't stay in my purse after today, but it was the envelope that had the tickets in it to celebrate with our past pastor of our parish and his 25 years of Ordination, he's now at St. Joseph's in Modesto. If you missed my blog that I posted yesterday then you should check it out, he's in the video behind Lance in the Procession line at the Blue Mass (yeah go read the other blog it tells you about it)
 


and I also found:



I love this rosary, I purchased it at San Damiano when we were at the Pre-Ordination retreat for the Deacon Candidates. Wow that seems like so long ago but it was only about 2 years ago. I bought it because of the stained glass look and at that moment I had been listening to the song "Stained Glass Masqurade" by Casting Crowns. If you never heard it I suggest you listen to it because it really hits home with me and how people perceive us as being perfect because of the fake smiles and emotions we use....



just go to www.projectplaylist.com and do a search on it, it's free don't worry.


 

Okay so what's next?



 





ah my keys to the Catechetical Center.... just the lanyard alone will tell people that I am a Christian don't you think??? Afterall they wouldn't know that those key's open up the doors to the teaching of the faith!



 


Then there's






 

Yeah if you look at the date then you will see that this is an old bulletin. I usually have one in my purse because as I'm in town people ask me questions about things that are happening at the parish... I don't want to walk away without answering their questions correctly and if I don't have the answer in there then I call them back to tell them the answer... (or I give them the phone # to the parish)



Okay... I'm digging deeper in my purse...


 





Yep I checked it still says "In God we Trust" Thanks be to God for that! I'm praying all the time (no not for money) that our country return completely to HIM. (oh and by the way... I usually don't even have this much money! LOL)



 


ummm let's see what's in the side pocket...


 



Yep I'm always asked for my phone number so I decided it was time to make up some business cards (as if I have a business lol) and this is what I came up with..... speaking of I have to make some more!
 


Then there's



 




Okay so any chance I can get to purchase religious stamps for mailing my bills is a blessing to me... believe me I do a lot of praying before I pay the bills each month... God does provide that's for sure.... and so when I mail these I know that many other people will be handling this letter so I try to affect them by having them look at a religious stamp...
(that's me, always trying to get people to elevate their minds to God)



 


Geez.... I really need to clean out my purse!


 



I was just recently given this small New Testament/Psalms/Proverbs bible and I've had it in my purse since the kind man gave it to me...
Now if people don't know I'm a Christian by seeing that then something is seriously wrong (or they have never seen a bible)



 


 Hmmmmm..... Oh yeah one more thing....


 





Now how often have you heard a cell phone ringing in church???? Oh my goodness! Let me just say that nobody is that IMPORTANT that they need their phone on during Mass/Services, afterall if Jesus was to call I do believe that He would be calling all of us at the same time.
 The reason I pulled out my phone is because I have church numbers in there, numbers to other parishoners and the chancery (Diocese Offices) and I also have a religious ringtone (something someone mentioned last night which I forgot about).
 
 
Okay that looks like that's about all that I have in there that would indicate that I am a Christian if someone found my purse. I know you're probably thinking that I have this because I'm the Deacon's wife or because I'm the DRE at our parish, but that's not why.... It's because I know that I am a child of God and these things help me to remember who and what I am. They help me when I need to get in contact better with our Lord and they help me to help you get into contact with him too!!!
 
So now it's your turn.... What's in your Wallet/Purse (isn't there a commercial that uses this slogan?) I pray you enjoyed and have come away from this blog feeling a bit more blessed. I feel I have by just reflecting upon all this stuff and sharing with you!
 
Love,
 

0 comments: