Monday, January 19, 2009

From Marshmallows to Jesus

If you just fell into my blog and don't quite know me yet, you may be wondering how in the world can I possibly compare Marshmallows with Jesus...
just a couple of blogs ago I did a reflection called "I saw God today" and prior to that, "what's in my purse"? If we but look through eyes of faith then anything is possible and so is seeing or finding Jesus in Marshmallows. Let me share with you how this reflection began. I went to the grocery store for dinner items, no, marshmallows were not on the list! (although I'm sure any 5 year old would find that a great dinner)

 
As I was walking down the aisle with my daughter my eyes fell upon this bag, at first I thought it was a few bags stuck together! Only after I grabbed for the bag did I realize that it was only one package, and the marshmallows were HUGE!
 


 
Grant it they probably aren't the best thing that I should be eating but I just couldn't resist purchasing them, merely because I had never seen one so big!!!! The one thing I must say about marshmallows is that they are a great snack food that's for sure.... especially in the afternoon when you just "need" something sweet!! Okay enough of talking like I know what people should be eating LOL....


 
When I reached the counter there was a customer already there and had over-heard the conversation about how huge these things are and she looked over after and said hello and had a perplexed look on her face as if to say, "what are you talking about"? 
 I showed her the bag of marshmallows and she said how great those would be for a camping trip. She then took the time to ask how my mom is doing (everyone who know's me know's my mom) I thanked her for asking and gave her the report of my mom (who's doing fine).
 

Then it was our turn to be checked out at the register, the cashier mentioned how he had been told at the time of ordering stock that they had huge marshmallows so he said he figured why not order a few of them.....
 
Okay I know that the story is getting a bit long but hang in there I'm getting to the Marshmallows and Jesus part really soon.... *grin*
 
If you don't know how my mind works yet... (shame on you ha ha) I tend to wander into different thoughts every minute, reflecting on one thing will then bring up another topic and then that will lead into something else, before you know it I went from Marshmallows to Jesus.....
 

 
I was reflecting about how many people we came into contact with and how a simple marshmallow brought laughter and light, concern and appreciation, friendship and goodness, and most importantly LOVE into my day and those other's who were involved. Sometimes its hard to find even one of these in a day, but I had experienced all of these within a matter of 5 minutes.
 

 
The laughter was with my daughter, the acquaintance I have, and the cashier.....
The light was coming not only from our hearts but from those around us who caught the contagious laughter that we were experiencing at the time.
The concern was from the lady who asked about my mom and appreciation was for her to remember her.
The friendship came across when I seen this acquaintance whom I hadn't seen in what seemed like years!
The Goodness was the conversation that we had with the Cashier, who looked like he was having a really boring day until we started joking with him about the marshmallows.....
The most important thing that was there was LOVE.....
I loved without even realizing I did until this morning as I am sitting here writing this...

 
 We all were Christ-like to one another.....
We all shared with each other.....
We all were and had peace with us at that moment.....
We all loved and showed love without even realizing it....
We were all the same for just those few minutes of the day.....

 
So I ask you... did the Marshmallows lead us to Jesus or not....
 to the way that Jesus wants us to treat one another.....
YES they most certainly did (at least that's how I feel) that is how I am able to compare the Marshmallows to Jesus....
Because HE was present at that moment with us and those silly little (huge) marshmallows let me sit back and find how I can even find Jesus in something so sweet and squishy!
 


 
Take the time to see the love.....
Take the time to find Jesus in the events of your life.....
It's when we don't even realize it, when we find Him there the most!!!!
I hope your day is sweet and squishy....
I hope you see Jesus in your day....
and I pray that God shower you with blessings and love from on high....



I had to include this because my son took part in the love too!!! He made Hot Chocolate with his marshmallow!
Love,
 

0 comments: