Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blue Mass

Well it was quite an event to attend yesterday... in fact we actually ended up attending Mass at St. Joseph's in Modesto twice! The first one was for the Blue Mass. What is that??? you might be asking... Well it's when a Mass is celebrated in honor of those First Responders who have served, serve now and we pray will serve in the future. There were CHP, Sheriff, City Police, Firefighters, EMT, and Paramedics... plus many others I'm afraid I've forgotten their names so forgive me if I accidentally excluded any.



For those of you who don't already know, my husband Lance is a CHP officer and a Deacon of the Catholic Church... yeah I know seems kind of strange the combination, but actually if you sit and think about the two they are no different from one another other than the fact that he wears a gun and badge for one job and a Stole and Dalmatic for the other. But both are held tightly in regards to watching over God's people. Think about King David... remember he was a small shepherd boy who was ordained to be King and from his house/lineage our Lord did come from... but remember that King David was a Warrior too... the more I reflect upon what my husband is, that is who I've concluded he reminds me of (with the exception of the wife situation) if you want to read about King David then get out your bible and read about him beginning in : 1 Samuel 16 and then continue on... King David is also attributed to writing most of the Psalms (Lance can sing too) Okay so enough of my own little reflection.... Let's just say it's an interesting life that we live. It's an interesting life being a wife of a CHP. It's an interesting life being the wife of a Deacon of the Church. I'm very proud of his accomplishments and I probably don't tell him or show him enough but I certainly hope he knows this deep in his heart, along with how much I love him.

Can you tell???




(What I wasn't speeding... LOL!) Okay so back to the story..... In the 19 years that I have been with Lance (geez going on 20 already!) I have never driven in a patrol car... and he had to get special permission in order for all of us to be in the car with him so don't think that the Lt. doesn't know because he does... and this was the first time (thank God I've never gotten into that much trouble!) which was really quite strange because I'm thinking "oh my gosh what are people going to be thinking as they see us in the car!" Well I must say they probably didn't think to much because not one person driving in the opposite or same direction made eye contact with us.... it was funny at first but then I thought geez, do people really become that nervous around these guys??? If you aren't doing anything wrong then there shouldn't be a reason not to look at them! The only two men that waved were firefighters in their truck! Oh well I suppose I can write a novel on that issue but I won't. Let me get to the Mass and how it was watching Lance change from his role of officer to the role of the Deacon to the role of hubby and daddy.... Watch this little picture I put

together of him... lol....




Now the kids don't know any different because heck he's been an officer all their lives and he's been in Diaconate formation (6 years) and ordained for 1 so this is just DAD to them....



as you can see the family does well with both role changes





Oh heck this thing is really getting long already! I'm going to put the videos now so please stop the music player at the top of this blog so you can watch them, I had to break them down into short videos so that the upload wouldn't take so long, some are anywhere from 2 minutes to the longest being 11 mins. So curl up with a cup of your favorite and spend some time with me as we give Thanks to God for all that these brave men and women do for us on a daily basis. And if you are ever out there and you know you didn't do anything wrong... please at least look at and smile at an officer, paramedic, firefighter, sheriff, police.... I'm sure that when you would need them in your life they would be having your best interest at heart.






If the video isn't working then
Here's the code for my youtube link to the Blue Mass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZeGC4vLibU







Thank you for taking the time to watch this. Comment below and let me know what you enjoyed the most... maybe tell me a story to pass onto my hubby.


Love
ME

0 comments: